Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sleep

Last night I crawled into bed just after eight. I fell asleep, but then woke up around nine starving. I figure the reason for that is that I was running around all day and did not really eat anything until dinner. So I had something to eat and then went back to bed. Ryan then woke up at 6:15ish. I nursed him and then put him back to bed. I then woke up this morning around 8:45. That is the most sleep that I have gotten in a long time.

Ryan has been waking up several times during the night for the last several months. I decided I was done and he could cry it out. Friday night he cried a lot. I wonder why I was punishing myself to teach my son good sleep habits.

Since I have been trying to teach him to sleep more than a few hours at a time (which he used to do, but for some reason has stopped) everyone in the house has been a little on edge. Misery likes company. I figure I am finished being the only one that is awake during the hours that people should never be awake. What can I say, I am so nice.

Grace took the top picture.

3 comments:

Ang Ballard said...

I so understand! Plus, you need to get lots of rest so we can do the SHRED! Love ya!

Sharon and John said...

i love this post, i can relate to it so much now, poor john gets to sit up with me sometimes too! hey i saw you link from libby's, hope you don't mind me taking a look. very cute pics!

Jeff and Jenn said...

AAH! I love that top picture! That is hilarious! Grace has a good eye. She and I will have to chat about photography next time I see her... :)