Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Vacation

I am on vacation, sort of. I really just moved my job to another location. If I am being honest isn't that really what a vacation for a mother is? I guess I don't have to do dishes or laundry, but all the other stuff that makes up my "job" is still intact. I think that they should be called business trips. This morning instead of receiving a paycheck I am getting smiles and giggles from Ryan (and diapers to change).

I loved this business trip. Derek did a good job of planning the family vacation in about a day. We are in St. George, which Grace keeps calling home. She also thinks that they are not in the season of winter, but in summer. She is having fun. Ryan is not. He thinks St. George is the place for crying, at least in the evening.

Yesterday we went to Snow Canyon. It is a beautiful drive to the park. There is a five dollar fee per vehicle, but it is well worth it. We walked one of the easy half mile hikes. There was a slot canyon and a lookout at the end. Because it is a sandstone formation there was beautiful flow patterns and holes had been eroded. Derek and Grace climbed through the places that had been carved out by the wind. Very kewl!!!

We drove through Santa Clara and some other small towns trying to find some lunch. We drove past the Relief Society House. I don't have background on that. I will have to look it up. We saw a beautiful chapel built out of the red sandstone. It looked amazing next to the red cliffs.

Before we went on this fun adventure we went shopping. Grace seemed to enjoy herself, but the boys, I think, thought that I was poisoning them. Grace now has a beautiful Easter dress. My favorite dress there cost $50, but I settled for my second favorite at $25. I hope they go on sale before Easter so I can go and get the other one. I hate being rational.

No comments: