Monday, March 3, 2008

One of my heros

On Saturday my dad had his birthday. He turned "old". At least he turned older than me. My dad has taught me a lot through the past quarter of a century plus a few weeks. Some of the things I remember hearing are: "Life's not fair", "Who is Noah?" (pronounced noooo-ahhhh, usually accompanied with an eye roll), "Those are happy noises" referring to children playing loudly and last but not least........pregnant pauses.

I love my dad and I am so glad that he is my dad. He is one of the big reasons I have such an amazing husband. I always wanted someone like my dad. He listens to me, makes me feel important, has hairy arms and legs, honors priesthood and loves to play.

He never let people call me shy and was always very encouraging. He gave me confidence and showed me that I had something to offer. He always helped me see things from different points of views and asked me questions to make me think.

Happy Birthday Dad!!!

1 comment:

Alice said...

Great tribute to your Dad. What a great man!