Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Cookies

We made some chocolate chip cookies last night for family home evening. Should that be capitalized? Oh well. Anyway, this morning I am the only one awake and watching the sun rise at...8:15? Yeah. It is that early. I just put Ryan back down to bed and then picked up the front room that I should have cleaned last night. Well, I go into the kitchen and I see the cookies. My first thought is that I should reward myself for being productive this morning.

ARE YOU KIDDING???

The sad truth. I want to reward myself for being up at 7:15, feeding Ryan, changing Ryan's clothes from a spit up/diaper disaster, getting him to laugh, putting him to bed, starting a load of laundry and picking up the front room.

I know that there are a lot of people who are up earlier and have done more with their day, but I still want that cookie. For a girl that would like to get back to pre-Ryan weight, I should realize how bad cookies are for breakfast.

Well, I decided to back away from the cookies and come blog to take my mind off of my bad temptation in the kitchen. I turn on the computer and pull up the internet and on the front page of yahoo! is an article about how pizza is a not so unhealthy option for breakfast. I wish I had some pizza!!! (Here is the link if you want it http://health.yahoo.com/experts/healthieryou/1/pizza-for-breakfast-yes/)

I love pizza for breakfast. Derek thinks that I am a little crazy on this issue. I think that the Lord blessed me with the ability to enjoy cold food. I eat warm/cold food a lot. This is thanks to my children. It is part of my how to loose weight and crave cookies in the morning diet. Here is how it works.

You need to make sure that your children that can eat solids have everything on their plate that you cooked for your well-balanced dinner. Then cut everything that might even have a possibility of needing to be cut. You don't want to interrupt your dinner to cut something that your child freaked out over because it is the size of a nickel instead of a dime.

Next, grab the pitcher of what ever liquid you are serving your family to drink because you forgot it when you were setting the table. Oh yeah, and the cups. Time to eat? Yeah right. Good luck on that.

You think that it is time to finally eat and so you sit on your chair and pick up your fork and start to salivate because you are a world class cook and people wish that you would cook for them so that they could taste your heavenly creations. This is when your food starts to get really cold. The baby that you love so much decides that even though you fed him very recently wants to eat again. I think that may be he doesn't want to be left out.

There you go. Cold food. If you are like me you don't reheat, just eat. The more time you waste in reheating the less time you will have to eat.




I will brag about what I had yesterday for breakfast. I made myself apples and cinnamon oatmeal. It was good, but oatmeal is never good cold!!! I had to reheat once, but then when it came time to do it again I decided to wait until lunch to eat something.

I hope that my family knows I love them and that food it just one of the small sacrifices I am willing to make. By the way, I still want the cookie.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Melinda, I would have totally eaten the cookie (or two) without even trying to enforce some self control. You are one strong and amazing woman. :)

The Cullimore's said...

I have to admit (and I know this may not help matters much), but those are the most amazing cookies ever!!!

Also, I want everyone to know that I was able to stall Ryan tonight at dinner (even though he was antsy) so that Melinda could finally get a warm meal...lol!

Love you honey!

Derek